Baxi flue issue | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi flue issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Curnsie28

Hi all. Got a job contracted to move a baxi solo 3 pfl 40 flue from rear exit to side exit. I wasnt 100% convinced the o rings on the flue turret were a good enough seal or not and on completion flue analysis, co ppm rocketted sky high 1000+. Gas capped and id'd warning notice etc. The o rings are not readily accessible where i live and would take few days to get them. The social housing association involved contract heatteam to carry out maintenance etc. ive left it with the builder to contact the responsible person (social housing) to make the decision as to wether i supply and fix it or whether its their job to do. As ive priced the job and come across this existing issue ive left it for their decision. As i dont like leaving any customer without heat i feel i shouldve ordered o rings and fixed it. They have not come up with a decision now for 3 days. (Feel sorry for tenant)Anyone any views on this, its a case of running back and forward in the fear of not getting paid for extra work?

Always cover your own arse and the tenants life first. Leaving people without heat isn't nice but it's not the middle of winter :)

Youve done what you needed to do its the housing folks that have thete fingers up there arse. It would be different if it was there personal property. Its a shame for tennant as going to be a week or over by time parts are ordered n fitted. Can u not contact the housing direct to save goin through builder. As he might be the hold up .

Yeah 100% right. Hate being the plumber who left someone without heat, customers dont understand even when you explain it could be life threatening, they can give you a bad name in a small area. I redirected the flue and added an 500 extension all double checked and fitted correctly. I advised the social housing to upgrade the boiler but they know better. The flue extension was obsolete and took me some effort to get one last remaining extension then this. Typical of pen pushers saying they r right and us gas safe registered engineers are not!!

Thought about contacting housing direct but builder insisted he does it. (He owes me money, scared to argue with him)!!

If the flue is obsolete then just get that in writing from the manufacturer and pass it on to the landlord.

Housing executive now contemplating giving the go ahead to change the boiler lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
Good advice there. Thread closed.
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back