baxi genesis 80 combi boiler losing pressure | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss baxi genesis 80 combi boiler losing pressure in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. i have a baxi genesis 80 combi boiler that doesnt hold pressure. the needle falls below the scale. if i top up to 2 on the scale and not use the heating it falls back down within 48hrs. does this mean i have a leak somewhere in my system?approximately what volume of water is being lost for it to fall from 2 to 0? thanks for any advice

Check for any visible leaks first and also check the copper pipe that is sticking out he wall outside

All you can do is check around the house for any visible leaks, radiator valves, pipes under boiler, safety pipe outside, don't leave it to long to call someone to check boiler, any leaks only get worse not better.

there is a slight leak from bottom of boiler. but im thinking may be there is another leak elsewhere as i guess there is a reasonable volume of water being lost from 2 down 0 is there anyway to calculate this volume? i am going to get the boiler replaced soon but dont want to have it replaced then fine out there is still a problem. therefore before i get a boiler installed i wondered if it worth looking under floor boards for leaks? i can not find any visible leaks on exposed pipes and rads. but tgink there must be a leak due to the pressure loss and therefore water loss even when boiler isnt being used. does thus seem reasonable? any advice greatly recieved.

It does not have to be much of a leak for the pressure to drop that much on a combi. It could all be collecting inside the boiler. Time to get a gas safe Engineer in me thinks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
put the boiler on low very low and leave it...
Replies
Views
the op says no water in prv balloon so not prv...
Replies
Views
Hi John, This was actually a house I'm...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Back