Baxi Inset 3 & 50/6 Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi Inset 3 & 50/6 Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JACE

Please help, I bought a Baxi inset fire and boiler 2 years ago which is still under warranty. The boiler ignition system lights the pilot after quite a few attempts, them after 3 seconds the main burner goes out and the ignition starts again until the main burner lights. This cycle goes on and on until gas spills into the room. Transco emergency team have placed a prohibition notice on the boiler twice and last December we had no heating or hot water for 10 days. Baxi have made 10 calls, replaced the boiler tray twice, I have had a new Flue liner fitted at the request of Baxi and an electrician cross bond the earth connections as the boiler has flame rectification. The draw of the Flue has been described by the Baxi Engineer as the best he has seen and the ventilation into the room is via a 4" unrestricted vent. Baxi are now saying that they are not going to visit again as the appliance is not at fault. Can anyone help.???

1st of all if it is as you say, "under Warren" then Baxi are surely obliged to attend yeh?

Initial thought would be visciation, partially blocked heatx, over gassing, high ignition pressure or just in need of a good damn service..... but without attending it would be difficult to diagnose! have you considered going on contract with one of the big boys?

Hi Steve, I would have thought Baxi were required under warranty to attend but they say the have replaced to Boiler Trays, tested everything on the appliance so its not down to them anymore, its a fault other than the Baxi appliance. The last new boiler tray was fitted less than 3 months ago and there is not a speck of dust on it. They have offered one last thing and that's to change the Heat Exchanger, they have told me after that its the end. Perhaps I should take them up on the offer...what do you think? Thx John

Take them up on it mate! If the heatex is restricted the fumes will quite quickly build up and knock the boiler off ... It could also account for the smells in the room!

Thanks Steve, I am writing an e-mail now to request the Heat Exchanger be replaced. John

i agree with steve i assume BAXI have checked for reversed polarity?its very very unusual to have a bermuda play u plike this

:iagree: I know they had their issues with the inset fires spilling but not come across a pilot outage/ignition issue such as this...

I had an Electrician do all the cross bonding of the earth and he told me this morning that he checked the polarity and it was correct. The fault is intermittent but looks to be on first start up. The pilot takes many clicks of the ignition to light then it will cycle on and off. This is the 3rd Baxi at my house but the other two had permanent pilots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
Suggest changing the Kw from Auto to 6kw, also...
Replies
Views
Hi just an update, I fitted a new PCB about 5...
Replies
Views
Hi We suggest you get a qualified plumber in...
Replies
Views
Back