baxi instant 105 he | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss baxi instant 105 he in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
i changed the exspansion vessel and when i put it back together it leaked from the pump the plate ex and the secondry heat ex,whats the best way for these connection on the secondry heat ex the boiler plan shows o rings but mine had none ,i tried some and it made no differrance,the pressure gauge is faulty giving incorrect pressures

re-fit new o rings with silicone grease the pump should just tighten up on the plastic base the high pressure is the reason its leaking change the pressure gauge

Easy way is to take the o ring off and wrap ptfe round once in the groove re fit o ring. This packs out the ring, works every time for me. Also there are two pump o rings like a barrel nipple. It pulls out of the pump and easily missed. Took me hours to find this, kept on re fitting the pump with ring and it kept on leaking.

Easy way is to take the o ring off and wrap ptfe round once in the groove re fit o ring. This packs out the ring, works every time for me. Also there are two pump o rings like a barrel nipple. It pulls out of the pump and easily missed. Took me hours to find this, kept on re fitting the pump with ring and it kept on leaking.
you wont need ptfe on this boiler,just silicone grease a ferroli however that a different matter

Using ptfe means you don't have to replace o ring. If you haven't got any new ones. Life saver when time is tight.

re-fit new o rings with silicone grease the pump should just tighten up on the plastic base the high pressure is the reason its leaking change the pressure gauge
thanks, i had no grease but will go armed tomorrow,i nipped pump up as much as i can,but still weeping,i was going to take out and replace rings etc

thanks, i had no grease but will go armed tomorrow,i nipped pump up as much as i can,but still weeping,i was going to take out and replace rings etc
ok replace the rings but use grease and sort the gauge this boiler must be set to 1 bar when cold or you risk blowing the recouperator

Using ptfe means you don't have to replace o ring. If you haven't got any new ones. Life saver when time is tight.
i can see where your coming from leo but ptfe will fail on a instant its under a lot more strain than a normal 105

Every days a school day. Just out of interest why is it under more strain? Sounds like its time for a new boiler.

Last edited:
Every days a school day. Just out of interest why is it under more strain? Sounds like its time for a new boiler.
its a instant so it has a small thermal store built into the EV for some reason it radiates high amounts of heat through the boiler and puts the whole thing under high water pressure this version is very prone to o rings failing,recouperaters blowing and dhw valves failing when baxi took the reliable 105 and butchered it to make the instant they really did not think this through,also if a o ring on the main hex leaks it often runs down the loom and kills the pcb DESROB​ your looking at a few o rings budget 20 quid for these they are quite dear if the recoups failed just get the front cover assembly its about 67+vat,plus a new pressure gauge about 9 quid

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved the old 80e and 105e, so easy to repair. The instants are bag of nails at best.I was tld by baxi tech that main heat x rings aren't available and that you have to buy whole new exchanger.

Last edited:
No always put an external on. not worth fitting original, life span to short.

No always put an external on. not worth fitting original, life span to short.
it is but sometimes custards with no cuboreds etc to hide it in want the original back glad i have no instants on service contr..... hang on just remembered i still have one somewhere,:81: yep crushing it should work

Guess ive been lucky so far. Don't think I've ever come across a completely dry one.

didnt know these had recuperators, tho you can get them as an extra, like the gassaver which fit on the flue

didnt know these had recuperators, tho you can get them as an extra, like the gassaver which fit on the flue
its sometimes called a recuperater its also called a secondary exchanger,HE exchanger,or the easier to understand version the round thing on the right hand sides shot love

its sometimes called a recuperater its also called a secondary exchanger,HE exchanger,or the easier to understand version the round thing on the right hand sides shot love
is that what thay put in band b boilers love ? understand now thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
1. When water is heated, it expands. 2. In a...
Replies
Views
Yawn oh you’re an engineer. Well that makes...
Replies
Views
Thanks Chuck for the quick response I...
Replies
Views
Back