Baxi Main Ecos | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi Main Ecos in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone else fitted these and have any opinions on them? Fitted my first one today and I really like how most of the bits you might need to check and service are actually on the outside of the case such as the PCB, condensate trap etc.

Will be fitting them again!

ive fitted a fair few of them now, to the point where there my Favorite to install, there my go to boilers for a cheap/mid range boiler although i haven't had any call backs or faults with them yet so i dont know what there like for that

Worst boiler ive ever fitted one of the system boilers blew up after 30 mins of running so peed off i took it off the wall and literally threw it outside on the floor ** and swapped it for independant system boiler instead.

**Was fitting it for my old man who was on holiday and it was late at night. Otherwise i would have got heat team out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, there are two different product families here.

The one Jules is talking about is branded "Baxi MainEco". Its very lightweight, and is now discontinued. One killer issue for the UK market was that the combi had no facility to mount a clock on the boiler fascia. The assumption was that "everyone fits RF programmable stats these days." Unfortunately, whilst this may be true at the top end of the market, the Main has always tended to be an entry level product. Also, Jules hated it, so BDR obviously had no option but to withdraw it.

The other is the "Main Eco Elite". This does not carry a reference to Baxi in it's name, although of course both brands belong to BDR Thermea. It is very heavyweight, and is much valued by people who prefer metal in their boilers to plastic, and prefer the comfort and reliability of 5 year old technology to "cutting edge". This is an ongoing product, now available in ErP version.

The former was a "marmite" product. The latter is a reliable old stager - maybe a bit long in the tooth, maybe a bit unimaginative, but as steady as they come. If I owned a buy-to-let, I would think seriously about putting a Main Eco Elite in.

The one Jules is talking about is branded "Baxi MainEco". Its very lightweight, and is now discontinued. One killer issue for the UK market was that the combi had no facility to mount a clock on the boiler fascia. The assumption was that "everyone fits RF programmable stats these days." Unfortunately, whilst this may be true at the top end of the market, the Main has always tended to be an entry level product. Also, Jules hated it, so BDR obviously had no option but to withdraw it.

The other is the "Main Eco Elite". This does not carry a reference to Baxi in it's name, although of course both brands belong to BDR Thermea. It is very heavyweight, and is much valued by people who prefer metal in their boilers to plastic, and prefer the comfort and reliability of 5 year old technology to "cutting edge". This is an ongoing product, now available in ErP version.

The former was a "marmite" product. The latter is a reliable old stager - maybe a bit long in the tooth, maybe a bit unimaginative, but as steady as they come. If I owned a buy-to-let, I would think seriously about putting a Main Eco Elite in.

Ray are you saying the small baxi heat only version has gone as well. Horrible boiler

That main eco elite is a beast tho even the flue felt like I was cutting through cast iron. You need a sturdy wall to hang it on but as a budget boiler I was impressed

Thanks for clearing that up Ray.

Ray are you saying the small baxi heat only version has gone as well. Horrible boiler

The version branded "Baxi MainEco" has gone (apart from any old stock lying around the supply chain). However, there may be other versions of the same base product being sold under different Baxi labels.

Oddly enough, the best value heat only boiler on the market in the UK is probably the Main Heat-only (not the Baxi MainEco heat only - a completely different appliance). The former is a re-badged Solo, at a very competitive price.

i cant see why you all think its heavy though, i can lift the 24 and 30 kw by myself no problem, its just getting it lined up on the mounting hooks that can be tricky

The version branded "Baxi MainEco" has gone (apart from any old stock lying around the supply chain). However, there may be other versions of the same base product being sold under different Baxi labels.

Oddly enough, the best value heat only boiler on the market in the UK is probably the Main Heat-only (not the Baxi MainEco heat only - a completely different appliance). The former is a re-badged Solo, at a very competitive price.

The one that come over here with a polystyrene cover with fan and pcb as one. Baxi do heat only one if that main did combi version it's that's that gone then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Blimey not what I want to hear this...
Replies
Views
Yes but sadly no shame as it’s handy to range...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler...
Replies
Views
Does on both
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
Back