Baxi Megaflo 28HE pressure problem... | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi Megaflo 28HE pressure problem... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stoo75

Hi, i'm not a plumber and not trying to fix the boiler myself, just wondering if anyone could suggest any areas that maybe wrong.

The system 2.5yrs old: Baxi Megaflo 28HE boiler, Albion Ultrasteel indirect 210L Cylinder.

The problem: Pressure in the boiler slowly builds to 3bar over a couple of hours and then cuts out.

Other observations: The bolier over-flow is dripping about 1 drip per second. The cyclinder over-flow is dripping at a more constant rate with cold water (put my finger in the tundis) so i don't it is coming from the cyclinder, the flow of this has increased over the last week. The heating and hot water seems to work fine for limited periods, timer and thermostats seem to be working. No error codes on the bolier.

Already tried: A plumber diagnosed the fault as the expansion vessel in the boiler, so replaced that and serviced the boiler. This lasted a week and it has started failing again. The boiler over-flow never stopped dripping and the over flow by the cylinder continued to constantly drip. The plumber was coming back to replace the valve as he believed it to be faulty, but perhaps it is doing what it is supposed to to relieve some of the pressure?

Can anyone offer some kind of information or experiences that i can pass onto the plumber if I can ever get hold of him!

Any kind of information would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

You should not need to pass anything on to your plumber, if they could not fix it, they should not have been paid & you need to get another one that can ! They should have their Part G un-vented hot water ticket. (please ask to see it)
The problems with the heating boiler & the Albion Ultrasteel indirect Cylinder are not related. With the heating it can only be the expansion vessel or the safety valve (unless the system is connected & filling all the time). Is the filling loop connected ? if so, disconnected it, to makes sure.
With the hot water it could be a couple of things so get someone in who understands what they are doing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thermostat changed... With the new one, it...
Replies
Views
the op says no water in prv balloon so not prv...
Replies
Views
Look at Top Up Mate , MFD from Flowflex Rob...
Replies
Views
Hi, Noob here Struggling with a Baxi Platinum...
Replies
Views
Hi, this is the original poster but I can't...
Replies
Views
Back