Baxi megaflo GA fault code 53 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi megaflo GA fault code 53 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got a custard who has had fault code 53 on this boiler.

Not been to see it yet, 53 is poor combustion- check flue?

its a year old with a flue straight out of the back.

Anyone got any tips, as its a boiler I've not had much to do with.

cheers

check co2 readings for starters against tech advice in manual

Co will be extremely high on start up so save your fga and wait 5 mins. If only a year old send heat team it's probably flue fault. Check all the basics first

Check the basics. But switch off the power, then switch it back on and you'll see what software version is on the boiler. The latest is 1.44, anything less than that and your issue could be that. Call heat team out, but make sure the flue is clipped every metre.

Arran, thought you knew the secret to fixing the GA range for a moment........ But checked my books and the flue clips don't help the fact it's a shister!

That's what I mean, baxi won't repair it unless the flue is clipped every metre! Ha ha! They sent one back to us, the flue was clipped to regs, but not on every meter section like in says in the installation instructions.

Software is 1.40!

on low flame co goes crazy.

Getting heat team out, but out of interest anyone know the cause?

Just thought I'd update the thread.

heat team went out and updated the software and re-set the gas valve.

Bugger.
its a few doors away.

Hate niggling problems close to home. They knock on your door!!!

Did you fit it? If so tell rep your sick of it and the custards being a real pain..... If he dosnt get it changed your fitting ideals for life . You get £150 for two hours and they get mega HE

I fitted about four of these an touch wood never had any problems, jinxed myself now no doubt

We did 100's of the netas and duo GA. Swapped about 30 foc for he

Yes I did fit. It's the one and only I have tho. They have warranted it until November this year! The bloke is a pub mate so anything that goes wrong ruins my drinking time! Do baxi recognise there is a problem.? Don't think these are made anymore.

Humm do Baxi recognise there is a problem.... They have almost vanished from all merchants and the advertising has stopped yet the HE range all over

They know there is a massive problem. Some of the heaps have 7 years wazza. That's a lot of liability.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Sorry for late reply,was printed circuit board
Replies
Views
Back