Baxi neta tec. Boiler problem and baxi service problem. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi neta tec. Boiler problem and baxi service problem. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

midlands based

Installed a neta tec 33 yesterday and finally come to commision it last night at 8 oclock with no joy. Wouldnt fire up in the commisioning cycle so we called it a night. Went back out this morning fresh headed to try again and faced the same problem. Spoke to baxi technical who put me through numerous cycles but nothing would work. So then they advised they send an engineer. So I try and book the engineer and told that the earliest would be thursday. Ive now had to leave a customer with a system in a worse state than before I started. Firstly does anyone know anything about these boilers, I have found a lot of people with similar problems since reading up on it. And mainly, do you think Thursday is acceptable to leave someone without heating when I would say the problem is Baxi's as we have done everything as per mi.

Take it off the wall and return to merchants. Demand a duotec and leave it at that. Boiler wasn't fit for purpose..... That is it didn't work out of the box

Last edited by a moderator:
That is exactly whats happened. Would rather it be sorted as were too busy to :nono: about with it any longer. It was purchased from Williams which I am in no way holding responsible as there service has been excellent. Where would I stand on returning this though ? And also baxi told me off the serial number that it was a 2011 boiler. Wouldnt of thought it would made much difference but suppose it does mean its a few yrs old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not wanting to question your choice of boiler but its pretty well known this is a dog of a boiler. Like ermi says should have gone for a duo tec.

As I have now found out the hard way. But that cant be blamed as to why it wont work. Unfortunately its passed the point of questioning the choice of boiler and would of expected a lot better service from a reputable manufacturer.

If you get a duotec, don't get a duotec GA. You'll get the same issues. The ga range is dog crap. HE A all the way. Or try the new ecoblue. Or if you bought it for a cupboard fit,replace it with a logic

Are you a member of works? If you are,you should get a priority response time,usually 24hr I think.

Another thing to try is your area sales rep for Baxi, tell him you fit 100+ boilers a year, you decided to try baxi after being a loyal worcester installer for years, and a non op boiler and a 5 day wait for an engineer is the thanks you get

It wouldnt be far from the truth to be honest dm. There service dept are calling me mon morning so can hopefully talk to someone who can offer better then. Ive heard real good things about baxi lately but this will be my first and last.

Hi sounds like gas valve stuck,due to sitting idle for some time ,no one fault just one of those things.had it a few times on other brands of boiler and each time the service engineer just smiled and got it going,it's hard to accept ESP if new customer but you have got to be honest and think twice on next job.service should be no more then 24hrs on a boiler under warranty,but it's very hard to always book jobs up.that boiler has a history of issues so like other posts said get a slighty diff model.sad to hear new boilers failing on day one though!

sounds like me and my pcb issue on Friday at 4:30, but I just bought a new pcb and installed it to resolve the problem, then took on the manufacturer who actually responded quite well once they had a chance to get a word in :)

I had it diagnosed as a stuck gas valve before i decided to stop messing and leave it to them.

sounds like me and my pcb issue on Friday at 4:30, but I just bought a new pcb and installed it to resolve the problem, then took on the manufacturer who actually responded quite well once they had a chance to get a word in :)
what boiler was that mate.

Part of the GA issues, the bertelli gas valve sticks. Very common, it's been reworked 2 or 3 times, the latest version is reliable. Does it go through ign sequence during comm procedure?

If you stay away from the GA boilers, then I would fit any product from baxi group fella, I really rate them. Baxi cust support (previously heateam) are typically pretty good too when after sales is concerned

i am in works,get next day service,only days they dont cover are xmas day and new years day,cant speak highly enough of baxi,but i only fit HEA not seen baxi for ages

Part of the GA issues, the bertelli gas valve sticks. Very common, it's been reworked 2 or 3 times, the latest version is reliable. Does it go through ign sequence during comm procedure?
The ignition is as far as it gets. Its there service which has bothered me the most. Its hard enough keeping a customers confidence in me and my supplied product when it doesnt work, but then having to tell them the manufacturer wont be out until thursday. Should of been a one day job with a good proffit. Its now a 1.5 day job as yet and no boiler. ive got to be on site when they attend too so will have to leave another job. Ends up being a big picture.

i am in works,get next day service,only days they dont cover are xmas day and new years day,cant speak highly enough of baxi,but i only fit HEA not seen baxi for ages
Dont get me wrong gas man ive heard good stuff about them and was looking forward to trying a few of there products. I can accept that things can arrive faulty out of anyones control. Its just the service thats been offered is terrible.

Dont get me wrong gas man ive heard good stuff about them and was looking forward to trying a few of there products. I can accept that things can arrive faulty out of anyones control. Its just the service thats been offered is terrible.

speak to your rep,service is unacceptable ,my rep sorts issues(not that i get many)instantly

Where is Mr stafford? I'm sure he can answer the legal ins and outs of Internet retail and consumer rights?

he is not asking how to fix it though is he midlands pm your gsr number i can put you in the gsr only forum then
Not exactly, but if there is a fix then I would rather go and get it sorted for the customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

N
Plastic hydro block best replace as it’s...
Replies
Views
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
You have a blockage from a dirty system needs...
Replies
Views
H
A professional is needed to diagnose and...
Replies
Views
Sounds like he was in too deep. At least he...
Replies
Views
Back