Baxi Platinum 28HE problem | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi Platinum 28HE problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post on here for me although I'm a time served electrician I know my way around the older control central heating systems. My own above boiler has developed a hot water supply problem but the heating side is fine and my boiler has given me great service for 8 years. Problem is fluctuating hot water temperature when called for. There are no error codes showing on the diagnostic read out and symptoms are when the hot tap is turned on the boiler fires up as normal and heated water flows but not as normal, running warm then cooler at regular short intervals. I then let the boiler and heating side totally cool down before selecting hot water only then I turned on the hot water tap. Observing the boiler then it fired up fine and the water temperature read out rose to around the 85-90 degree mark before cutting out for a while then firing back up. This cycle repeated whilst the water temperature flow coresponded with the boiler action. My own conclusion is that the diverter valve has developed a fault as the heating flow pipe is getting hot below the boiler despite the selector switch being in the hot water only position. We live in a soft water area so I doubt whether the heat exchanger could be furred up (been reading a few posts). Any thoughts/ diagnosis off you most learned guys on here ???

Last edited:
Think you have answered your own question ! flow pipe getting hot when calling for hot water, cant tell you to much forum rules, what stops water going down heating pipe ? or put another way diverts it.

The forum rules are clear for ALL to see..This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

(cont'd) Anyway, fairly keen for someone to...
Replies
Views
faulty diaphram with the sound of it.
Replies
Views
new p.h. ex. that will be alot cheaper than a...
Replies
Views
Chris, just to update, thanks for all your...
Replies
Views
Back