baxi platinum 33 he | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss baxi platinum 33 he in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a problem with my Baxi platinum 33 he, boiler works ok but when hot water taps turned on fully get a loud whistling noise from boiler,water temp is fine ,no noise when heating is operating, if i close the hot tap slightly the whistling stops but starts again when open it fully,this happens also when the boilers power is switched off.Thanks any help appreciated.

sounds like a noisy fan, as your opening up the tap the boilers modulating higher which would make the fan speed increase.

sounds like a noisy fan, as your opening up the tap the boilers modulating higher which would make the fan speed increase.
it's happening with the boiler off deano, may not be boiler related could be the tap itself, is it happening on all hot taps ? could be air lock somewhere

Scale in the plate hex?

it's happening with the boiler off deano, may not be boiler related could be the tap itself, is it happening on all hot taps ? could be air lock somewhere

it happens with all the taps in the house,the noise is definatly coming frrom the boiler just can,t pinpoint it, does sound like it is coming from a brass valve thing (don,t know what its called) behind the pump.

You haven't knocked the valve as the cold enters the boiler? If not then maybe your secondary heat exchanger needs cleaning.

Will putting a de-scaler chemical in the system do the trick or is it better to remove heat exchanger and clean .

Id remove it, that way you can have a look and see if this is the problem.

The cw inlet is fully opened and i also had the inlet off to clean the gauze filter incase it was dirty but was perfectly clean,pressure and flow rate normal 13 litres/min,leaning toward secondary heat exchanger as this seems to be where the noise is coming from.

Let us know how you get on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i think dboi has hinted where I think I might have started looking on this one. if it's happening with the boiler off, then surely it would be reasonable to exclude hydraulic causes (e.g. water hammer) prior to pulling the appliance about. I'm not saying hydraulic effects are the cause, but have you tried tweaking the main stop tap or perhaps the cold water isolation to the boiler? the fact it's seems to be emanating from the boiler may simply be an unhappy coincidence as the result of hydromechanical resonance finding a free node within the boiler? hang on - you've gone and had the boiler apart. dhw flow rate seems quite ok, would perhaps suggest that blockage in dhex could be a little unlikely, but I guess I could only justify that i we knew what the flow rate was like when the thing was new. hope you find a solution.would be interesting to know how you got on though mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the heat exchanger off doesn,t really look too badly scaled but may as well clean it while off,what is the best chemical to use for this ?

I got the same problem too! I installed my bouler 2 years ago and its just started with the whistling noise! Its not water hammer, its definately the boiler since ive never had the problem before. Im more of a installer than good at fixing boilers but let me know how you get on and ill have a crack at mine :)

Would like to update that the problem was indeed the HW heat exchanger, once cleaned all was quiet,like to thank forum members for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Better asking in the gas engineer section, as...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
(cont'd) Anyway, fairly keen for someone to...
Replies
Views
Chris, just to update, thanks for all your...
Replies
Views
Does on both
Replies
Views
HEX or sensor - shouldn't be a difficult...
Replies
Views
Back