Baxi Platinum Combi boiler Relief valve lifting | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi Platinum Combi boiler Relief valve lifting in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gibss3

My Baxi platinum combi is 4 years old but I never sent the 5yr guarantee away after instillation, and you guessed it now i have a problem.

When the central heating is turned on the rads heat up as normal but the pressure gauge indicates the pressure continues to rise up to 3.0bar. I can then observe water dripping from the Relief valve outlet.

After probably 5 mins the drip stops and the pressure remains high but static, the boiler continues to operate until the timer turns off and then the temp/pressure drops below 0.5bar (low system pressure error code E119) I then wake up to cold house because the boiler requires re-filling. I normally re-pressure to 1.5bar and run my CH on max up to 80-86 DegC.

Would be grateful if anyone has any ideas on why my boiler is over-pressuring before I start wasting money on non-refundable parts? I'm not a heating engineer but have an understanding of heat transfer and engineering safety design.

There are no other symptoms to speak of and I have no problem with HW/CW

I think there is some short on your boiler. It is better that you'll have an electrical plumber to solve the issue.

id say your expansion tank,, could just need rechargeing,, check for blockage in the pipe to the ev if they fail to fix it .. your tanks shot......also i would change the prv

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like your expansion vessel has either lost its charge or the diaphragm is split. Could be a quite simple recharge or more complicated exchange. When water heats up it expands. If there is no where for the extra volume to go (usually expansion vessel) then the pressure will climb to 3 bar and then you prv will open to let the pressure out. This is why when it cools down the pressure is low-you have lost water out the prv. Get a gas safe registered plumber to have s look at it.

Expansion vessel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Better asking in the gas engineer section, as...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
It’s an automatic air vent - you can close it off.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
put the boiler on low very low and leave it...
Replies
Views
Back