Baxi Solo 15 HE Question | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi Solo 15 HE Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hughieboy

Gas Engineer
Hi,

Wonder if I can pick someones brains about a problem with a Baxi Solo 15 HE, 3 years old.

It belongs to my Sister and Brother in Law and on Xmas Eve due to their drain becoming blocked the condensate pipe and trap backed up to such an extent that it flooded the burner and fan and due to water in the electrics shortingI guess blew the wall programmer. As their so called emergency insurers couldn't find anyone to look at it I went out to see what I could do.

Despite holding my CENWAT1 qualification along with others, I spend most of my time installing fireplaces, gas fires and cookers and other than the odd service I don't spend a lot of time doing fault diagnosis on boilers. I stripped and dried everything out and they got a replacement programmer. Gas pressures are all ok and gas is feeding to the burner. It goes through the whole firing up process but doesn't spark and therefore doesn't light. It tries this a few times and then goes to lock out. I have tried temporarily disconnecting the electrical connection to the condensate trap as suggested by Baxi Technical to bypass that but nothing.

So I'm thinking that during the breakdown something must have blown on the main PCB and that it will need replacing?

I wonder if anyone can offer any thoughts? I'm no great experience with a multi meter as I rarely need to use one but I have said I will try and help them out as they have no heating until its sorted.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received, thanks.

You'll have to do what Croppie advised on the 17th May with regard to post count and gas info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I suspect initially this is a failed HW two...
Replies
Views
Does on both
Replies
Views
It was the board, of course it was the...
Replies
Views
Needs to be around 20dc difference for it to...
Replies
Views
I don’t think there are any other checks on...
Replies
Views
Burger
B
Back