Baxi Solo 3 30PF Boiler problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi Solo 3 30PF Boiler problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simondjuk

Hi everyone, I need some advice on our boiler which is playing up.

Its a Baxi Solo 3 30PF, is about 12 years old and is serviced regularly by British Gas

So far we have had British Gas out 4 times (under Homecare) and each time the issue isn't fixed so i'm wondering if anyone on here might be able to point us in the right direction so when they visit again we might be able to suggest something they haven't looked at. So far they have changed to PCB, 'cut and remade live connection at fan block' (on BG paperwork) and changed the thermistor.

Basically the pump is staying on when the heating and hot water is off, even by switching it to 'off' on the timer. When you increase the thermostat on the wall and it clicks, it takes about 30-45 mins for the boiler to start up and when you turn it down again so it clicks, the boiler stays on but eventually goes off. An example being on Saturday morning, we turned the wall stat up at 8.05 and at 8.47 the boiler started. While my OH was in the shower this morning the water started going cold and then the boiler started up which leads me to think some kind of thermostat problem somewhere.

Any advice appreciated

Many thanks

When you switch off at the thermostat or programmer it's normal for the pump to keep running, but it should turn off after a few minutes.
If nothing happens when you switch on at the programmer and the thermostat is calling for heat then you need to get someone who can fault find with a multimeter, I'd probably start with the motorised valve (s)

They have a pump overrun so the pump stays on for about five minutes after the boiler has stopped, if it runs non stop then it is usually a pcb problem with these boilers.
The other problem sounds more like a controls problem and more than likely the motoised valve

6 visits later and finally sorted. Turns out it was the air pressure switch.

Is this an obvious fault and fairly easy to diagnose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

new p.h. ex. that will be alot cheaper than a...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
I
Ian Following on from the above, you say "It...
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
Back