baxi solo 3 50 pf overheating | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss baxi solo 3 50 pf overheating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

bewsh

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
How's it going guys? Just want to pick your brains. My mate went to a baxi solo 3 50pf because the fan had failed, he replaced the fan and it was working fine, now they say that since the fan has been changed the boiler keeps overheating. So I went over today to have a look thinking it was probably the pcb pump overrun. But after looking at it, when you turn the c/h on the mid pos moves fine, but you knock it off and you still get 210vac on the orange to the boilers s/l and the boiler stays on. I tested all the controls, room stat, programmer, cylinder stat and they all proved to be ok, so thought it must be a faulty mid pos giving power to the orange with no demand. But am I right in thinking that of it's still giving power to the boiler, then the pump should also continue running? Cheers guys

That's what I thought, but the pump stops after a few minutes and the valve is still open to c/h, so continues pumping when you turn the demand off, but then goes off and then overheard because the boiler is still lit. So possible pcb issue also?

Micro switch in mid pos valve aint sticking is it? Something is keeping the orange live to keep the boiler running....wouldnt of thought it would be pcb on boiler

Ye the mid pos is definitely faulty. But the pump stops running as well after little while?

Has the boiler temp setting been turned round higher than it was, I got a call to a profile the other day after gas networks bloke checked boiler after road repair, they only used to have it on setting no 2 he turned it to max and overheat in bottom tripped out
Shouldn't happen I know but the real world doesn't stick to the theory!

It was on the max setting, but it's always been on that. But I don't think it's a boiler stat issue.

Just another thought and I have come across this on that model fan not sealed properly or the blanking cap for alternate position is missing or moved

Cheers man, I'm popping back there tomorrow to change the mid pos, so I'll check that tomorrow. I've had that alternate flue position sealing cap missing before as well, co was off the chart!

Another thought, does anyone know if the boiler has a built in frost stat?

No . Not on solo. But that would only be when cold or if stat was pooped. System overheating when it's been on ??

Ye I didn't think it did, but thought I'd double check just in case it was knackered and keeping the boiler lit

If your friend has fitted the fan check the casing has not pulled the clip on thermostat off. Had a job not so long ago overheating since serviced and that was the problem. Worth a check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

All basic electrical checks have been done...
Replies
Views
Update on this post I finally got round to...
Replies
Views
What are your fga readings like ? There are...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
Back