Baxi Solo 3 PFL 60 overheating | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi Solo 3 PFL 60 overheating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dogmangsd

I have a baxi solo 3 pfl 60 boiler that over heats all the time needing to be reset, it is serviced by british gas who in the 5 or 6 years we have had it have been out so many times they put my service contract up to silly money and want to replace it with a nice one for 3500 !! I am so sick of them and this bloody thing in the kitchen , NO not her the boiler !
I am in Blyth Northumberland can anyone who knows what they are doing get in touch. why the hell it over heats I dont know, Bgas come fiddle run away and it isnt fixed. last time he wanted to power flush the system and charge 600 - 700 for that !
Today it is completely off no lights or anything on and yet again we wait for british Gas. they were last out on Dec 16th when it was off for 4 days while they tried to get parts ...yeah
Help please
John

John if it is over heating for a reason that could be dirt in the system a dodgy pump an iffy stat the list goes on, is there water in the header tank ?

yeah tanks got water in. Bgas have replaced lots of bits ( sorry to be too technical) in the boiler but never the pump

does the pump run for a few minutes after the boiler has been switched off?? do you have any motorised valves on the system?? is there trv's on the rads?? is there a by pass on the system, if so how far is it from the boiler? is the boiler in a cupboard or compartment??

well if you are not getting correct circulation due to a lazy pump this can cause the boiler to over heat or perhaps there is no pump over run wired in , dont let BG fob you off as they try with most people, parts are still available, I would charge ball park £1500 all in for a viessmann compact with a five year parts and labour guarantee, so you are getting ripped off unless that includes putting a whole new system ,good luck

the rads dont have trv on and the boiler itself is just on the wall in the kitchen not boxed it at all. the pump does keep runnung when it has tripped, well there is a noise from it if you know what i mean. i dont know if it has motorised valves or a bypass sorry

if it is not leaking water it is repairable IMHO change the pump 15/60 grundfos

it has a grundos mulithead G pump on it, b/gaslogo on as well and its blue if that matters

by the sounds of things it sounds like it was a bad installation from day one if its not piped correctly it wont matter how many pumps you put on it or how many times you flush the system it wont help, i would be asking BG to explore the system to see why the boiler is give you trouble

things to ask....
1. is it a open vented system?
2. is the vent/cold feed took off correctly?
3. is there any motorised valves and a by-pass on the system?
4. is the by-pass run from the boiler adequate? (you'll get the size of the run in the manual)

then you can question other possible causes, faulty pump, burner pressure too high sludge, faulty over heat stat.

hope this helps my money is on numbers 1-4 good luck

as i said in another thread the op has started this is a good boiler,more than likely pump or corrosion issue,parts easy to get for this boiler

The over heat stats were replaced in november when they were out. ill have to have my computer with me tomorrow when they come

we keep the boiler on its lower setting, 1 or 2 because it trips off less, if we turn it up to a higher setting , it goes up to 6, it just trips off
is that anything ?

if anyone near wants the job of fixing let me know , ive lost all faith in british gas, look in tomorrow and ill tell you what they said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

tbh i dont think you will win and when your...
Replies
Views
Could be cavitation if the header tank only a...
Replies
Views
S
He didn't want an exploding kebab in his cupboard
Replies
Views
Ermintrude
E
If your friend has fitted the fan check the...
Replies
Views
K
Thx Eph, that sounds promising I was typing at...
Replies
Views
Kev the gas
K
Back