baxi solo boiler problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss baxi solo boiler problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iwasmellow

We had a 'baxi solo 24' boiler installed 3 yrs ago along with a number of new rads etc etc to a grand cost of £4k.
The boiler worked perfectly for just over 1 yr and we've had the same problem that 4 seperate plumbing companies are unable to identify & fix.

Basically it goes to "lockout" and refuses to fire up, we have to press the reset button anything between 5 -15 times before it fires up.

If we go out and its left on timer it will never kick in and we come home to a cold house, unless we leave it on 24/7

Im at my wits end with it now as its getting worse and worse and taking longer and longer to reset. A friend of hubby's suggested with get BAXI out to fix it, is that something you recommend?

Its there boiler, so let them fix it!! They should carry all the spares on board, they may even offer a fixed price repair!?
Your problem may be electrical, worst case is the PCB! Best case a sensor of sorts!?

Is the boiler still not under warranty? If it is call them and get them out and they'll fix it FOC. I think their repair division is called heatteam or something like that. If you phone baxi they will tell you weather or not your boiler is still under warranty.

Combustion chamber door seals a favorite for this.( if it fires up first) Did anyone check the seals ?

Last edited:
It was guarenteed for 1 yr according to the company who installed it.

I will call up Heatteam then and see what they say. thank you

We have had the seals tighten by the last engineer who invoiced us another £68 but I refused to pay as it didn't solve it.

Im a bit reluctant to keep paying call outs to various companies, do you think I should persevere with the latest one?

when your boiler was installed you would have got a forum to fill in to register your boiler for a second years warranty, it comes in the same pack as the boilers instructions. So if you have registered your second years warranty then it should be free if the boiler is at fault.
Has an electicral polarity test been done on this boiler??

Its no good tightening the seals if damaged they need replaced . Parts less than a tenner
Go on Baxi web site use find an installer in your area

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You have a blockage from a dirty system needs...
Replies
Views
Keep a diary recording the dates/times of when...
Replies
Views
I suspect initially this is a failed HW two...
Replies
Views
great, thanks for sharing, really difficult to...
Replies
Views
Could be cavitation if the header tank only a...
Replies
Views
Back