Baxi solo He Lock out Fault | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi solo He Lock out Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss123

Gas Engineer
I have been asked to take a look a Baxi solo 24he which had an intermittent fault of going to lock out and keeps needing to be reset for it to work again, over a few months this has now gone from being intermittent to happening daily although it can be on a few hours before locking out, it is on a s-plan and the fault occurs on HW ,CH or both, when the fault happens the red light is on and the other 2 are off I have looked in the manual and there is no provision for this light sequence, if anyone has come across this or has any ideas I would appreciate it as I don’t fancy my chances with the Baxi tech support.
Thanks

It could be loads of things causing it to go to lockout and intermittently locking out can be an absolute nightmare as it'll never happen whilst you're on site!

Thanks i am going to look at it on monday and was intersted to see if there are any common faults with these boilers which might cause this fault.I presume its going to be some kind of circulation fault causing it to lock out o/heat so will be looking at pump,bypass,overun,thermisters etc but like you say if it dont lock out it is hard to find the fault.

I had exactley the same spoke to technical they have done a new combustion door and seal with new electrodes and rectification probes apparently the seals perish and trip the boiler on the overheat stat! Changed that and still had the same fault turns out the ceramic burner starts lifting away cause in furnace like heat sure gas man put a thread up about it

I'd check the seals on the inner door seal, but I imagine the boiler is a bit new still to suffer from this yet. The ignition electrodes have been redesigned, but again, I think it's pre-solo HE. I had a PCB faulty on a 100/2 HE (effectively the same boiler with a different case). It was throwing up an intermittent lock out fault. Spoke to Baxi about it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

All basic electrical checks have been done...
Replies
Views
new p.h. ex. that will be alot cheaper than a...
Replies
Views
I can't take a picture at the moment but it is...
Replies
Views
The condensate pipe might be sharing the drain...
Replies
Views
Billy Boiler
B
They don't want a combi. I'm going round...
Replies
Views
Back