Baxi solo he overheating and fog horn noise | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi solo he overheating and fog horn noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

rayplumber

Gas Engineer
boiler goes to overheat lockout if you let it cool and press reset it works for 15 mins then locks out again, it also makes a noise like a foghorn for about 5 to 10 seconds at ignition i have checked all limit stats all are ok also replaced the combustion door seal, cleaned the burner it does seem to get hot in where the fan is thats why i replaced the door seals i think its the fan stat what is knocking it off because its getting hot in there cheers Ray

Check there is not any gaps or holes in the heat exchanger have had these melt as the burner fan pulls air in so any slight gaps will be leaking hot gasses into the fan compartment

Went back today and changed the seals on the fan and burner also noticed the ceramic bit of the burner was loose so fitted a new burner but after 15 mins of running it cuts out again off the limit stat on the fan but it runs with the front off mmm back to the drawing board it’s a shame the boiler is not by the sea then the god Horne noise would come in handy lol

Similar plumbing topics

If I may add my 2 cent. The noise you are...
Replies
Views
Update on this post I finally got round to...
Replies
Views
Needs to be around 20dc difference for it to...
Replies
Views
Set of new electrodes should sort it. Had a...
Replies
Views
Back