Baxi WM 531RS | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baxi WM 531RS in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick10256

Gas Engineer
Hi from a newbie to this site. I have a customer wanting a service on an old Baxi WM 531RS. Anyone know where I can download the MIs for this? Partsarena, onlineboilermanuals and gotoplumbing have let me down so far. Any help much appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Old Plumber ''Went to a baxi wm 531 RS today,main burner not coming on

Young Plumber " bumer ,maybe fan or air pressure switch"

Old Plumber "No,Doesn't have a fan or air pressure switch

Young Plumber "What,maybe a thermistor or flue thermostat then,had a few go wrong this week''

Old Plumber :No,Doesn't have a thermistor or flue thermostat

Young plumber ''eh?,maybe system pressure down,low system pressure sensor activated

No,low system sensor,system is not pressurised

Young Plumber ''Not pressurised!!you sure ?OK maybe flame rectification device or flow sensor''

old Plumber '' No it Doesn't have flame rectification or a flow sensor

Young Plumber "Never,maybe pcb then,had a few of them this week too!"

Old Plumber "no,Doesn't have a pcb"

Young Plumber ''Flipping heck,No aps,fan,thermistors,flue stat's,low system sensor,flow sensors,pcb,I think customer maybe messing around with appliance,removing and by passing parts,would isolate it and ID + riddor it and maybe punch customer on the nose on way out!!!!

Old Plumber ''No,No.No,its a old boiler,in the old days a boiler was a lump of cast iron ,hollowed out for water to pass through,a thermostat stuck in side to stop from boiling and burner underneath and gas passed through a basic multifunctional gas valve with a bit of heated copper it keep valve open,job done,all that was wrong was 4 quid thermocouple,used to change 5 a day now they are a special order

Young Plumber''Bye sounds of it,you had it made back then!!!

Old Plumber '' Probably did,we just didn't realise it ,just took it for granted things would get easier.....................

:rockstar:

you should be able to service this blindfolded they dont come any simpler but bear in mind the case seal is now unavailable in the unlikely event it breaks you cant buy a new one so the boiler becomes a turn off,you also need to pay careful attention to the BF terminal where it passes through the wall many will be rotten by now

you should be able to service this blindfolded they dont come any simpler but bear in mind the case seal is now unavailable in the unlikely event it breaks you cant buy a new one so the boiler becomes a turn off,you also need to pay careful attention to the BF terminal where it passes through the wall many will be rotten by now

Thanks for that. It's getting the cover off without damaging the seal that I was worried about. Are the internals much different to the WM 532RS? I've not been inside either before but MIs for that one are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

how the outdoor sensor can prevent me from...
Replies
Views
Speak to Baxi regards the warranty, as they...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
No you couldn’t need to be gas safe
Replies
Views
Hope with your case you reported it to trading...
Replies
Views
Back