BBU fire front | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss BBU fire front in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought fire was designed to work via BBU, usually decommission BBU and leave in place.

Same as JAP, you need to drain out BB (Drill holes in boiler) remove burners Etc cap gas, BB MUST remain in place as fire is designed to work with BB,

You'll need permission off manufacturer too. This cannot be done without their consent

I think Baxi aren't too keen on this

i had a glowworm gas backboiler and i called them and they said it was ok as long as i capped gas to the backboiler.removed the union on the gas cock tee and fitted a plug.

ant

baxi wont give written consent for this,they will tell you you take responsibility

Def need to drill it out tho. Need to get ALL water out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gas safe have the TB to admonish them of any responsibility and state you must have Manufacturer consent. As per gas man, it is unlikely you will get written conformation from manufacturer.

If you still chose to go ahead, everything including burner tray should be left in place. Gas to the boiler capped and the electricity supply to the boiler made redundant. Cut off flow and return at heat exchanger and leave open.

Be very stringent with flue flow and spillage tests and label with a decommissioned appliance label.

Tb000 is a full list and description of all tb's.

Last edited:
bet that was fun to find dont know why some are saying the boiler heat exchanger needs drilling out though its not needed on a bbu

Think maybe getting confused with a disused solid fuel back boiler unit :smile5:

i would say its being confused with the old solid fuel bottle/bbu. which Hetas now actual say you should not drill and leave but remove all together.

Aye, no more drilling but remove it. Not designed to have fire lit with no water in the solid fuel back boiler.

Was told by GS that any gas back boiler unit had to be drill'd, burners removed, gas cap'd electric diconected, Wish they would make up their mind's

TB 091 doesnt say anything about drilling, it does say burner should be left in and primarys cut back as close as poss and left uncapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Give Baxi a call and they will guide you to...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Let them supply and fit , then it’s their...
Replies
Views
If he's cautious, the plumber will want to...
Replies
Views
Yes these can be converted to any type of...
Replies
Views
Back