Belfast sink? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Belfast sink? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCplumb

Esteemed
Plumber
I'm changing a mixer tap tomorrow on a Belfast sink.
I've fitted what was called a farmhouse sink before but it had a precut base to fix it to the wall and the taps were at the side.
Any tips on removing the thing to get at the taps which are between it and the wall and the custard says the sink will need to come out to get at them?
I'm guessing they're all different and I'll just have to work it out when I get there, but any words of wisdom from anyone who comes across these more than I do would be welcome.

Some long reach sockets and extension bar? or box spanners of differrent sizes that fit inside each other enabling you to reach the back nut
That's only if you can disconnect the tails, other than that, sink out
They are usually slid in under the worktop, then the waste fitting is fitted, then siliconed up
You may be able to remove it in reverse order

EDIT
If it's impossible to remove without damaging worktop etc and there is a good sized base unit next to it, go through the side of it with multi cutter to access tap
Give the custard the option

Last edited:
Thanks for that pal, from what the customer says, there is 100% no access to the taps without taking the sink out. I might see it differently when I get there.
Where you say 'They are usually slid in under the worktop', do you mean there's a lip on the top of the sink that supports the weight of the sink under the worktop? If so I bet that's going to be a pain to un-silicone...

Nice find Plumben! The sink I did today was very similar, took an hour to pull it out though because there was about 18 million tubes worth of silicone all round it in a tight cupboard, managed to get it out though eventually and swapped the taps over.
I noticed Tom put the rubber type connectors straight on to ISO's in that video, naughty naughty, I used a pair of these today.
17697.jpg

Nice find Plumben! The sink I did today was very similar, took an hour to pull it out though because there was about 18 million tubes worth of silicone all round it in a tight cupboard, managed to get it out though eventually and swapped the taps over.
I noticed Tom put the rubber type connectors straight on to ISO's in that video, naughty naughty, I used a pair of these today.
View attachment 25705

I think where all guilty of just banging the flexi's onto ISO's at one point or another, spare rad tails I've been using although I've now got a few rad valves without tails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Unfortunately what was used to reduce the hole...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, Shaun, I'll start there. Steve
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi again Before we make our final decision...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If the black thing is a waste disposal unit...
Replies
Views
Back