Bent my TRV pin. It's not currently leaking, but could it come loose? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bent my TRV pin. It's not currently leaking, but could it come loose? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Good morning!

I've had no heat in my attic bedroom for over 2 years - the rest of the radiators worked fine, but this one was a dead duck.

I watched some YouTube videos, and read through these forums, and decided to have a look at the TRV pin. Lo and behold it was stuck down!

I managed to free it and small amount of water came out. I put it back in and tried pushing it back down, but it's completely stuck sticking upwards! I tried to force it down by pressing on it, and the pin bent sideways under the pressure.

The good news is the radiator is now hot...

My question is, is it OK to leave the bent pin in there? I never adjust the thermostats, and the cap has secured it in place. I don't think it's leaking, but is there a danger it could pop out while it's like this?

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Hi, I am glad that you have managed to fix the radiator and have got a warm room!

Hopefully one of our members will be able to answer your query.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Closing the loop... I replaced the valve body...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Problem found, it was a blockage... mostly in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You’ve pulled the brass thread back into the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have always thought that a good intermediate...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
no bother. the thanks is all mine
Replies
Views
Andybrad
A
Back