best boiler descaler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss best boiler descaler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
dudes, i went to a heating system 3 weeks ago and found it to have a few blockages and a bangin boiler so i powerflushed it with x800 and got it all workin as it should...all rads hot and boiler quiete.
had a call over the weekend from the lady and she told me the heating is workin fine apart from the boiler has started to bang again. i know this is due to the scale in the heat exchanger which i beleive to be cast iron.
the boiler is a halstead best 60.
just wonderin what would be the best descaler to use as i imagine i'm gonna need a heavy duty/acidic one to get rid of the problem.
i would replace the heat exchanger but i don't think this is replacable( looked at mi's and there is no part number for a heat exchanger)
obviously i'm gonna isolate the boiler from the heating circuit as i don't really want the descaler to run around the rads.
and more importantly is this a rechargable job or should the x800 done the trick?
cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
Due to COVID the engineer diagnosed the faults...
Replies
Views
What exactly do you mean by it wasn't...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Normal as they only get paid 150-200 per install
Replies
Views
Back