Best budget boiler for open vent system | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Best budget boiler for open vent system in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all
Can any one recommend a budget boiler for an open vent system, gas boiler will not get a lot off use.
Our heating system is a halstead best 60 db boiler which is kettling quite bad this is linked into a dunsley neutralizer which also has a multi fuel stove on it, with a twin coil vented hot water cylinder, plus hot water solar panels, all works very well apart from the boiler which is kettling, boiler will only be used for about an hour in the morning in winter time.

Many thanks for any replies.

Hi , if the boiler is still working ok, but kettling try some noise reducer, Fernox F2 or Sentinel X200, or even cleanse the system & inhibit.
Why put a cheap boiler onto the system when you've obversely spent some decent money on the rest of it! Cheap boilers breakdown more, so you pay in the end.... Remeha do a decent boiler not over priced. 5 years parts & 2 years labour warranty.
Hope that helps.

They are based in england but are from Holland, they have been making high eff condensating boilers for years in europe. Think the latest is their 7 or 8 series, way ahead of our manufactures. Also involved in the comercial market[ tends to be more reliable]. Check their web site.

F2 and X200 dont solve the problem they just mask the scale build up and stop the steam bubbles from popping when they leave the heat exchanger, hence why you dont here the kettling as much when you introduce it.

What you need to do is as Aggis recommends, clean out the system using a mildly acidic cleaner such as DS40 which for want of a better word, eats the scale and the rest of the chemical free's up sludge to let you flush it out of the system.

If you then introduce a good inhibitor such as F1 protector which has a buffer to prevent scale build up affecting the performance of the boiler.

Hi all
If I use DS40 in my system there are mixed metals ie copper, steel, stainless steel and cast iron heat exchanger will this product cause any problems with mixed metals.

Many thanks

It could well be that remeha bought out baxi to make up bdr as they want to move into the uk now that they filled all the dutch houses with their boilers

Hi all
If I use DS40 in my system there are mixed metals ie copper, steel, stainless steel and cast iron heat exchanger will this product cause any problems with mixed metals.

Many thanks

No mate, it has a packet of neutraliser in the pack as well. Maximum exposure is 4 hours though so dont leave it in for a few weeks!

FXC2 is the same, its just not as well stocked by the merchants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi , At the risk of hijacking this thread I am...
Replies
Views
steve wake
S
It doesn’t mean you will have lower temps. It...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your response, they're dreyton...
Replies
Views
As a precaution report this to the building...
Replies
Views
Back