best combi boiler to replace aging worcester 35cdi without losing flow rates | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss best combi boiler to replace aging worcester 35cdi without losing flow rates in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

worcester 35 cdi requires replacing
any thoughts on best replacement combi ?
looking for more flow rate at shower too

Viessmann 111 what's your incoming water pressure and flow

But These are the first people that come on here complaining that they don’t have adequate hot water or they think the installers done something wrong when they probably haven’t

But These are the first people that come on here complaining that they don’t have adequate hot water or they think the installers done something wrong when they probably haven’t

Before buying, customers are attracted by combis because of the relatively low cost and extra space freed up by not having a HW tank.

After buying, customers are dismayed that what they also got was an inadequate supply of hot water.

The trouble with 'experience' is you don't get it until after the first time you need it.

I don’t know if it’s just me though, I think of myself as a very good communicator with customers and it is amazing the amount of them that are so misinformed when it comes to combis. They all think of a hot water cylinder, be it unvented or vented as being antiquated and think that a Combi is supermodern. I hear all the time people saying but that’s fine no one in our house showers at the same time but they can’t see how circumstances can change in the future or when they come to sell the property all these sorts of things will be flagged up and it will cost them long term

... that’s fine no one in our house showers at the same time but they can’t see how circumstances can change in the future or when they come to sell the property all these sorts of things will be flagged up and it will cost them long term

Another selling-point for me is what happens when there is a power-cut for more than a couple of hours. Life is a whole lot nicer if you have a nice cylinder of hot water...

But that’s not future proofing Ron if it’s a two bathroom place it should have a suitable hot water set up. You don’t want a boiler to just about cope nor should it be the next house buyers job to spec it properly

But that’s not future proofing Ron if it’s a two bathroom place it should have a suitable hot water set up. You don’t want a boiler to just about cope nor should it be the next house buyers job to spec it properly
Up to 3 Bathrooms Riley. No problem with this type of boiler. This type of boiler is a combi ... its Kind of combination storage designed for big family houses.

I know what it is but a Cylinder is still better mate. Can do up to 50 lpm whereas 938 can do up to 20. To me that’s just about coping with demand

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
The Orion is about 65% efficient so not great...
Replies
Views
Because it will adjust the boiler to the...
Replies
Views
Any gas boiler's HEX can stand a static head...
Replies
Views
Back