Best Gas Boiler Info | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Best Gas Boiler Info in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tech

Hi, just trying to get some information on gas boilers such as which makes are basically the same make, (i think baxi and potterton are the same? ) what boiler would you install yourself for reliability and cost, and what are the most expensive/hassle to repair?

Vaillant and Glow Worm seem to be the same maker yet the former gets good comments whilst the latter gets slagged off

Worcester-Bosch are the best. Ideal, Glowworm and Chaffeteaux are terrible and Valliant are pretty good. I would only have a Worcester.

Worcester-Bosch are the best. Ideal, Glowworm and Chaffeteaux are terrible and Valliant are pretty good. I would only have a Worcester.
ive heard around the trade that worcesters aint what they were. Im a vaillant man myself one in my loft is twenty plus years and one pump and a flush out of the heat exchanger and that was probably my fault putting a second hand boiler mate on it

Vaillant all the way. Good quality components, good support network for installers and customers easy installation and looks the nuts.

I have and still would fit worcesters but i just prefer Vaillant. I stick to what I know works best for me and my customers. I dont fit any old rubbish. Leave that to (oh my mates a plumber!) type of people.

Anyway whatever boiler you fit its gonna give you problems if your system is not power flushed. (which many installers dont do) many manufacturers will use this as a get out clause to their guarantee!

Hear, hear steve and flanners. Bare in mind though that no boiler is perfection and never will be, but vaillant are oh so good.

got a w/bosch myself fitted last feb but they aint what they were, think vaillant are the dogs b******* though for features.
we normally fit main which is baxi without the bells but cheaper about $400

I think value for money you cant fault Vokeras, been fitting them for years and have never had to go back to one, good tech support too, should you need it for any reason. Would steer clear of Baxi as it can take a hour on the phone to get thier tech dept, thats the reason i stopped fitting them, and i told them so, they couldnt care less.

best thing about vaillants from a fitters viewpoint is its nearly impossible to cut your self on one no sharp edges i recently fitted a main and sliced two fingers on the casing

like vaillant and trusta worcester!! baxi's are the cheapest i'd go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Yes spot on eg the hottest pipe out the top of...
Replies
Views
new p.h. ex. that will be alot cheaper than a...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
Back