Best knee pads | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Best knee pads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
i was wondering if any one could recommend a quality pair of knee pads, as the company i work for only provide rubbish thin foam ones, so i went and bought some gel ones from b and q but these are still not providing sufficient support.

suggestions would be great :)

I was going to recommend gel ones but you don't seem to think they're any good, what exactly don't you like about them?

skateboarding/paint balling type knee pads? thats what i use

the gels i have are ok but was just wondering if there was anything better or if there was a particular make of gel pads that any one would recommend

my old man who was an asphalter used to make his own out of car tyres probably why his knees are knackered now lol

i use these snickers kneepads Snickers Non-Slip Knee Pads Pair | NoLinkingToThis

there not the cheapest, but i have'nt found anything better.
the redbacks shown above are also good kneepads, but i found them a shade on the heavy side.

I use the snickers pads in the trousers, nice and comfy and in the right place. Had a pair of Irwin gel ones that were really comfy for 15 minutes and then the fastenings would dig into the back of my knees.

i've get some strap on kneepads somewhere in the shed. same problem as others the straps dig in.

Two nappies tucked into the knee slot of your work trousers. The tabs don't slip. Plus if you use Pampers and you kneel on a wet floor, no problem.

If it's good enough for my daughters bum, it's good enough for me.

I use the irwin strap on ones but dont use the strap either leave them in the pad or cut the tabs off

Those redbacks look the business. Just ordered a pair.
Been using the snickers ones for last few years, but the foam compresses and gives less cushioning after a while, so I am buying new pair every few months.

Cheers for link Mr D.

I've been using snickers floor laying kneepads for 2 years now, same pair and still like new. You can leave them in your trousers when washed and are like kneeling on air. The best £20 I ever spent as I spend half my time tiling floors.

Been using red backs for the last 2 months my knees feel like new. I should be on commission put all the lads onto them! Tile trader sell them sent out next day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Take it back to the shop.
Replies
Views
R
  • Question
You should see "attach files" like below.
Replies
Views
Main eco, Baxi 600 or 800 5, 7 or 10 years...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi John Yes I have evacuated tubes. They are...
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
Back