Best options for finding a CH pressure leak | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Best options for finding a CH pressure leak in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I have a pressure leak on my CH system. Our piping is buried in the walls (maybe a mistake) and the room-to-room pipes are now covered by flooring making it difficult to detect any leaks if there is no yellowing happening on the ceilings below.
We have noticed that we need to top up the system every 2-3 weeks, as the pressure drops from 1.2 bar to 0.8 bar gradually, Then my Vaillant system flags it in the app (Ecotec 637 (37kw))
I have checked the expansion vessel no dripping or faulty to my knowledge, I have not been able to locate any leaks either from the exposed pipes in the loft.
Rads are only a year old and have been bled. I worried if I keep adding fresh water to the system that it will cause rusting.

I don't want to use leak sealer so what are my options?

Thanks in advance.

This may be of interest it's often difficult to find small leaks it really depends on how hands on you are ? Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230424-192558.png
    Screenshot_20230424-192558.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 29

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
PVC pipe will expand when under pressure, like...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the advice.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have you got any updates on this?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes as they don’t seal after they’ve chucked...
2 3
Replies
Views
  • Question
Realised I never came back on this. After the...
Replies
Views
Back