Best plaster board fixings DEBATE | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter tommy1712
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 2K

Discuss Best plaster board fixings DEBATE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

What's the best fixing for plaster board, what's the strongest, easiest, versatile.

I like the the self drilling rawl ones. Don't even have to drill a hole lol

Depends what you are fixing. Cant beat getting in behind it with some timber.

Not fixing nothing at the min just seeing what others like and a bit of banter over it

Those drilling are s@@@e the fixing always unscrews from the wall when you undo the screw!

Fisher umbrella fixing every time for anything with weight!

Get a bit of timber in if possible. If not possible then Thorsmann duomax toggles. Or if the wall is dry lined ....frame fixings

one thing i always point out is when fixing to plasterboard always drill the hole ive seen so many fixings fail and its usually due to the hole being banged through with a screwdriver leave a nice small hole on the front and a huge crater behind so nothing for the fixing to grip to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
  • Question
No problem, thank you for the advice. I admit...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Ben for the quick reply and feedback so...
Replies
Views
Hi Steve, Thanks for posting. Could you post...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Take a look at that...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If rainwater pipe discharges to a combined...
Replies
Views
Back