best rf prog/stat | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss best rf prog/stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I have installed my fair share of radio frequency prog/stat's but haven't really used a lot of different kinds. Usually its the a budget to win job, I always feel yes it does the job but always has features missing, such as advance or you have complicated procedure in keeping heating off due to program insisting its coming on at the time and temperature you set. So is it worth finding one an idiot can use with value for money and customer not asking you to change it.

I always think this is a tough choice, my favourite was the Drayton until they changed em while ago and now they aint so easy to explain to the customer. Tend to use the Siemens RDJ10 RF if i think they're going to struggle to grasp the concept of a programmable room stat.

All depends on the customer I would say, I mainly fit vaillant boilers, if they customer is tech minded and into energy saving and what not i will use the vailant 7day prog/timer (360f i think it is) if on the other han d they want something simple I will stick a peg clock in the boiler and just use a digital rf stat.

Siemens has been my latest choice, keep away from salus nowadays, keep packing in. Saying that you get them for 35 quid on ebay.

There is one, maybe two on the market that I don't particularly like to wire up, piddly little screws, with difficult holes on the side to try and get the cable through. Unless the customer states otherwise, I give everyone the most simplest of programmers saves on recalls and telephone calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I
Hi fuzzy. After an interview with the ceo in...
Replies
Views
innertemple
I
Back