Best slimline combi? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Best slimline combi? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasmanxxxR1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Have a customer who needs a combi with a max depth measurement of 310mm (back wall to front of case) for going in a cupboard. I would normally fit an ideal logic in this cae but they have a water softener.

Im thinking glowworm flexicom?

Love to hear your thoughts and suggestions

Cheers :wink5:

intergas combi is 335mm with the ex vessel frame at the back ( 95mm )
240mm, if you fit a seperate expansion vessel somewhere else

Agree with dancinplumba most softners have a bypass on them for jobs where it's uneconomical to rerun pipes for the outside taps so you just turn on the bypass while you're watering the garden and also filling the heating system

I rang ideal tech support and they said i could not fill the system with the softener on bypass, nor run softened water through the dhw, they said a new hard mains would have to be run to the boiler, making the softener pretty much pointless

Flexicom not bad, now they sorted their issues out. PLus rear flue available if you need to keep within the confines of a cupboard. Get on glowworm clubenergy, and you can get 5 yrs warranty as standard, or buy through city or plumb center and get 10 or 15 yr warranty.

It seems that if you need a slimline boiler you have to sacrifice the stainless hx

Flexicom not bad, now they sorted their issues out. PLus rear flue available if you need to keep within the confines of a cupboard. Get on glowworm clubenergy, and you can get 5 yrs warranty as standard, or buy through city or plumb center and get 10 or 15 yr warranty.

According to their website the flexicom has an ally hx, i know i can fill the system on bypass, however when i contacted ideal about the logic they said under no circumstances can it be fitted with a softener even on bypass i would have to run a new hard main

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Ask Vaillant they do there own ebus style...
Replies
Views
The traditional 3 speed fixed settings which...
Replies
Views
D
I would personally also get heating engineer...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Back