Best Value 35kw Combi Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Best Value 35kw Combi Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davlins

i have been getting quotes from accredited installers for 35kw combi.
My options so far are
worcester bosch 36cdi - £2350
Ideal logic plus 35 -£1900
Glow Worm Ultimate 35 - £1800.

Question is - our likely stay in our current house is 2-3 years so is the Ideal Logic Plus a sensible option or would you consider the Worcester Bosch still be worth the extra cost? Would welcome opinions.

Why a 35kw, is your existing boiler that big. Is your gas supply up to it?

4 bedrooms.
2 bathrooms
2 reception areas
18 radiators in total.

It depends on whether you want to live the next 2-3 years with inadequate hot water or not.

Personally wouldn't recommend a combi for a 2 bathroom house unless you can guarantee no 2 taps will be used at the same time. If it is pressure you are after go down the unvented cylinder route. You will need someone to check you mains water flow rate and working pressure.

It depends on whether you want to live the next 2-3 years with inadequate hot water or not.

how is that/ Only 2 people in the house and we have lived with a smaller capacity boiler for the last 15 years without any probs!

right - have gone with the Ideal Logic Plus 35 and bought the various elements etc. How much should I be expecting to pay an installer to fit only. ?

Good luck, not keen on fitting a boiler supplied by the customer. Mind you, on the other hand, if it goes belly up the warranty is all yours.
Price wise as above :)

Location, Straight swap? (I doubt it )

Best ask whoever gave you the quotes

yes it is a straight swap - the new Ideal boiler in mind will fit into the current boiler space no problem.

As for asking people who have already quoted - I got 5 quotes. 4 of them would only consider supply and install whilst one worked solely on the basis of customer supplying the boiler , accessory kit, programmer and carbon monoxide detector etc. The difference in prices between the supply and install quotes were unbelievably wide - £600 variation for the same boiler ! From a customer's perpective that can only be down to what the installer charges for labour and time - it is the same boiler after all.

The quote re install only was £450 inc VAT and I just wondered whether this was the norm /reasonable/very reasonable?

right - have gone with the Ideal Logic Plus 35 and bought the various elements etc. How much should I be expecting to pay an installer to fit only. ?
Out of curiousity how much did you pay for boiler and flue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The Orion is about 65% efficient so not great...
Replies
Views
Because it will adjust the boiler to the...
Replies
Views
Thanks for this, much appreciated. Andrew
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Back