Best way of reducing rad. Valve to 10mm | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Best way of reducing rad. Valve to 10mm in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Which is the best way of reducing a rad. Valve down from 15mm to 10mm. A soldered reducer or an internal reducer?

Attachments

• IMG20230501190403.jpg
    IMG20230501190403.jpg
    549.5 KB · Views: 44
Long tail soldered reducer better in my opinion

Or a pushfit 15-10 elbow adapter

Thanks as long as the one in my picture. Looks Abit over kill as the olive just need to be back past the shoulder. But that's all my merchants have.

You can cut them down to match the depth of the fitting

Slice or manual cutter eg tighten the wheel etc

Yes but taken 15mm ish off the top

A point nose pliers on the bit your cutting off etc

Don’t worry about the flow, the big restriction is in the valve.
Any of the above methods are fine, it’s just about the aesthetics- which to be honest will be overlooked within a few days !!

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Doesn’t really answer any of my questions but...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You on a combi, unvented cylinder or gravity...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks all found these... So I'll fit an equal...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Right with it now. You need a 10mm chrome...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Best you contact Daikin and see what they say...
Replies
Views
Back