Best way to extend toilet water inlet pipe? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Best way to extend toilet water inlet pipe? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aaronic

Hello all,

I am trying to extent my downstairs toilet pipe inlet. Its a newbuild house, and I have just put laminate flooring under the toilet, which means its about 1.4cm higher than it was.

There is a plastic pipe coming in from outside, which leads to a silver valve which push fits onto the 15mm copper pipe, but the copper pipe is too short now and I have to really bend the whole thing upwards and it still doesn't fit properly.

I was thinking of taking off the toilet, unscrewing the existing copper pipe from the bottom then putting in a new slightly longer one? But if anyone has any ideas I am grateful. The pipes are quite close to the ceramics at the back, so I don't think Ill have room to cut the pipe and attach a 15mm push on coupler unfortunately.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies. Any help is appreciated. 195000_194656_72676_29714981_thumb.jpg

If I am understanding you correctly, the easiest solution would be to put a ½" tap extension on the thread of the ballvalve to give it a little extra length.

^^^ sounds like the easiest option to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

ah mb then
Replies
Views
You could try a long flexi and make it a wider...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Got it. Thank you for the reply.
Replies
Views
D
Hard to say without a picture. What country...
Replies
Views
Back