Best way to fix down an engineered Oak floor, over UFH. | Find Local Gas Engineers - Post a Job | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Best way to fix down an engineered Oak floor, over UFH. in the Find Local Gas Engineers - Post a Job area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannypipe

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all.

I've just won a job to put some underfloor heating down in a large room. 35m2.

Its a timber floor, and I've quoted to insulate (Celetex) between the joists, then lay my grid in the gaps, notching between the joists. I've had it specced by Nu Heat, but I've just written to JG for another quote.

All the previous UFH I've done has gone in a screed and that's been my work done.

This one, the client is going to get a chippy to lay 18mm T&G chip board over the joists, then lay an Oak engineered floor, also 18mm.

He asked me today the best way for the chippy to fix the floor down, and I realised I don't have a clue. Fair enough I'm not a carpenter, but it would be good to know.

My guess is secret nail (no deeper than 15mm) the tongue. I think floating floor might be risky.

Any views on the matter??

Thanks,

Dan

Yeah, I fugured glue might be the way, as its so stable. Thought the heat might effect it though! I realise the floor won't be really warm, but I figured it may be effected and possible give off a smell of glue!?

I know its not really my problem, but I'd still like to know.

Thanks Gray. I'll suggest his chippy glues it with the two part stuff.

Yeah, I fugured glue might be the way, as its so stable. Thought the heat might effect it though! I realise the floor won't be really warm, but I figured it may be effected and possible give off a smell of glue!?

I know its not really my problem, but I'd still like to know.

Thanks Gray. I'll suggest his chippy glues it with the two part stuff.

No bother dan
Get the client to ask his flooring supliers they will specify what sort or glue to use the ones I've seen come in like a sausage looks like gripfill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back