BG 330- ?glowworm HE? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss BG 330- ?glowworm HE? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi customer has had F1 fault on this boiler. Checked flue . condense and gap on electrodes~ had
to replace them as gasket ripped so can't only buy gasket ~new electrodes. Boiler OK for a month now coming up with F1 fault code again. Any pointers appreciated. Thanks

There is a seal at the rear (center) of the HX where the flue turret connects and they perish and give this fault there is an estate in Bawrty that all have these boiler and I changed a good few of them

Thanks are the seals stockedn or usually on order do u know?

My usual independent stocks them but they are a boiler spares merchant only I suppose it depends who you use

Thanks I had a look at the MI and can't see seal, or order number . So how do in oder it? Thanks quality

Had a look at merchants... Not very successful as I'm not sure what I'm looking for and he was a bit peeved.. That I didn't know... So back trying to find out what I'm looking for. Will try to post picture.

This is the part number of the seal - 2000801615
Attaches onto flue collector then heat exchanger slides back onto it. If there's rust marks on the back of the case it will need new flue collector as they are prone to cracking.

Just a thought, stick your flue analyser down the side of the heat ex, there will be a CO reading if the seal or flue collector has gone.

Other things to check on intermittent F1 are inlet pressure, spark generator, gas valve high and low settings and condense trap isn't partially blocked.

Another thing... Will I need any other seals when changing this one.? Will look at diagrams again. Cheers for the help much appreciated

The 2 rubber 3/4 seals that the f&r would be handy to have

Personally i'd sell her a 2nd hand replacement glowworm spacesaver. Ir will last 40 years with half a dozen 5 poond thermocouples and maybe a roll of foam strip.
Haha changed times

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Check the emergency control valve is fully...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B...
Replies
Views
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Thanks Enthalpy, Your conclusion is exactly...
Replies
Views
Yep, as per post #3 😎
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back