BG Glowworm 330 drain down | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss BG Glowworm 330 drain down in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Been asked by an insurance company to completely drain down a house becuase it is going to empty for some time...

Everything is fine (apart from the usual seized valves). I can drain the heating system down all the way via a drain off cock on the return feed in to the boiler. As the flow & return and the doc is above the boiler, what about the water still in the boiler??

Thanks in advance

normally theres a drain valve of some sort on the underside of the boiler because there combi range has them but there so small you have to use a manometer hose! if not just leave it full theres no harm and tbh who's going to now

Thanks for that.....only concern is the water left in the boiler....just a bit concerned that when it freezes it might cause damage to the boiler... I appreciate there is only going to be air in the pipes above so if it exands everything should be ok yea??? I had a quick look for a drain off point but didn't want to start stripping the cover off to look for it. The boiler and hot water system are the only good thing about this house, the rest is in a pretty sorry state......... less than 2yo neighbour with key recons

You should get most of the water out when you drain the system. If you want to be really thorough then i suggest getting a foot pump on the expansion vessel and pump all the water out of the vessel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All This is following on from thread I...
Replies
Views
Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
J
The thermal store has an isolation valve at...
Replies
Views
Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise...
Replies
Views
Its easy to check for a leak, just tie up the...
Replies
Views
Back