Biasi Boiler 28 | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Biasi Boiler 28 in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jacqui

Please please help..it seems my combi boiler which is 10 years old now, has decided not to provide hot water and heating at the same time! If I require heating I just turn up the thermostat but will not give me any hot water? if I push the switch on the control panel the light comes on knocking the heating off but fires up the boiler giving me hot water? But cant have both at the same time ?? Please help Jacqui

you never could have both together but you didnt realise now the hw isnt switching the boiler so you need a gsr to sort it out

Hi so can someone please tell me what has gone in the boiler? Is it the diverter switch? and please can someone tell me what is a GSR? :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

its a gas saf registered engineer . what are are you in jacqui

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not into plumbing for a living but would like to have some knowledge of the fault before I call someone out.

it could be a lot of things am afraid hence why you need an engineer , but good luck

If you are saying you have no hot water at all then it probably is the diverter valve needs a service kit fitted

This bit am unsure of
''if I push the switch on the control panel the light comes on knocking the heating off but fires up the boiler giving me hot water''

So are you saying you do have hot water but only when heating is off,not when in heating and hot water mode,if so this is an unusual fault and probably pcb,electrical related

imho

ps boiler is getting old now,do not spend to much on it

Well I'm lost tbh but if what your saying is what I think your saying it sounds like a fault I found on a Biasi 28s years ago. On that boiler it was a similar sounding fault so I looped out the timeswitch/clock and it ran great after.

Well I'm lost tbh but if what your saying is what I think your saying it sounds like a fault I found on a Biasi 28s years ago. On that boiler it was a similar sounding fault so I looped out the timeswitch/clock and it ran great after.

wouldn't effect the hw though surely. sounds like a dv to me.

wouldn't effect the hw though surely. sounds like a dv to me.
I can't remember tbh SCB it was an intermittent fault causing the boiler to sometimes fire up and sometimes not, even on DHW I think it was hit n miss....not 100%... my brain is overflowing with sh1te nowadays, I thought it was a board fault but looped the timer out and it seemed ok, anyway never got called back so either fixed it or they lived with it. :teeth_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks, so i need another one?...otherwise the...
Replies
Views
Just to check the boiler dial is on hot water...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Back