Biasi Boiler - goes to lock out when bath tap run. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Biasi Boiler - goes to lock out when bath tap run. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dleader

I've fitted a Biasi ActivA boiler. Everything works fine except when the hot tap is run upstairs it sometimes goes to lock out - the Biasi guy can't work out why but says it is a problem with the tap, thus wiping his hands of it. Does anyone have any thoughts.

cheers

If it's a heat orientated lockout I would be looking at flow rate threw the tap, time the tap is left on and temperture of flow on the main heat exchanger which would help indicate movement issues between main and plate heat exchanger, defective thirmister, slow flow rate and long demand time can take a boiler out with latent heat.

If it's a ignition lock out I would be looking at checking boiler settings as per manufactures instructions, monitering working pressure.
Usually the only difference with the boiler in combi mode is it runs at maximum demand for longer than in heating, so it can suck a supply dry if the regulator is defective(rare), show up flue faults(rare) or the boiler can modulate down to a low setting and stay there longer than its designed to if the heat isn't being absorbed correctly by the plate heat exchanger.

Either way you should be getting more love from Biasi, we can all talk a good game but you have to be able to prove your points.

Have you got a flow cup? Try checking the flow rate through upstairs tap and then downstairs. This will prove if ts flow or boiler issue, should also be evidence for Biasi to force them to sort issue.

Thanks folks - from the jist of what you all say - biasi are making it up as they go along. It can't be a problem with flow through the tap because if the flow is reduced (not increased) the problem seems to be less. I'm guessing it is a dodgy thermistor as well but they don't seem to want to replace it. Is it me or is there a trend in companies not really honoring their warranties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

..Thanks, i am wondering if we can keep the...
Replies
Views
Does it have a flame diffuser? Original...
Replies
Views
The condensate pipe might be sharing the drain...
Replies
Views
Billy Boiler
B
A
Any 35kw boiler should give a temp of 50C at a...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
Back