BIASI Boiler stopped working during radiator balancing - now not working | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss BIASI Boiler stopped working during radiator balancing - now not working in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

5thblyscouts

I stupidly decided to balance my radiators this morning as the ones furthest away from the boiler were cool. I followed the instructions found on the internet and everything seemed to be going well until I bled the bathroom radiator, topped up the filler loop a little and then turned down the CH knob on the boiler. It turned off and after a few seconds the normal operation light started flashing quickly (usully it is 1x green flash per second) at the rate of 4x flases per second.

The temp. guage looked a bit higher than usual so I turned the boiler off at the switched spur and let it cool down. I opened all the valves on each of the first floor rads (in case I had caused the boiler to overheat through restricting flow arounf the circuit) and after 20 minutes turned the power back onto the boiler. The normal operation light flashed as usual at one flash per second as I called for heat with the switch. It made various clicking and gurgling noises before it turned off and the green light started flasing at the faster rate again. I repeated this operation a few times but to no avail. It is freezing outside and now inside !.

I opened the PCB panel and checked the fuse to the fan/pump and it looked ok so popped it back and tried to restart the boiler. The same thing again but I noticed this time that when there was a click and change to the flashing light sequence a green led in one of three small plastic housings on the PCB flashed as well.

The service lights are not flashing other than the normal operation light.

Can anyone offer any advice. I have taken a phot of the circuit board and can post if required.

Thanks in advance.

Take a picture of the valves under the boiler if you can, was it banging and clattering as it went off?

Thanks for responding. No it just shut down and wouldn't restart.

By sheerc coincident a friend called round who has a mate who os a Gas Safe Engineer and he rang him up,

He asked me to take off the condensation pipe and try and start the boiler. I couldn't get the pipe off as it was mortared into the wall and wouldn't flex enough but wa letting a couple of drips of water out. It wouldn't start the first two times and then I accidently pressed the pressure releif valve button and water spurted out. It then started and has ran for the last hour. I will get someone out to look at it tomorrow to be on the safe side.
Thanks once again for your assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

B
Sounds like a sticking microswitch in the zone...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Mine is 35 years old and the system doesn't...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
Programmer Issue - Or Valve Issue/s
Replies
Views
You have a blockage from a dirty system needs...
Replies
Views
Back