Biasi riva compact he 28 high Co ppm reading | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Biasi riva compact he 28 high Co ppm reading in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FlowGas

Hi guys,

Had a landlords cert this morning for a empty rental property, biasi riva compact he 28. The combustion reading where Co ppm: 1170, co2% 8.8, ratio : 0.0132.

Will be doing a full strip down service and adjusting the min max gas pressure at valve. Would this be enough to bring the readings within range or is there an underlying issue?

Gas work is a side business for me, working a 9-5 in a completely different sector so just needed a little guidance from yourselves would be much appreciated.

Have isolated gas supply to boiler and made safe until I return tomorrow.

Thanks
Jags

Its well out but I suppose you will have to assess the burner condition upon stripdown and go from there in the usual fashion and see if anything obvious is to fault.

I've cleaned the primary heat ex and burner. Checked burner gas pressure all OK. Flue conditions seem sound.
Tech line open Monday - Fri grrr
Any other suggestions.

Check the flue hood, they split. If it has it will throw the co out by the kind of figures you are seeing. It is also occasionally accompanied by a whooping sound during combustion, as it re burns exhaust gasses. Check for signs of condensate tracing rust lines down the back of the case behind the hex as its a sure sign.

Flue condition seems okay? Have you done a flue integrity check at the air sampling port?

Run analyser hose on port and keep eye on oxygen level 20.6% and if it changes you'll know the inner tube has cracked or bad seal,

If there's not an air port then just a visual will do, I'm not sure if that one has an air port,

the rubber seals where the flue joins the boiler, theres almost certainly a proper name for that rubber washer unfortunately i dont know what it is, but they tend to go on those boilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Have you cleaned the heat ex?
Replies
Views
The housing association I work for only get...
Replies
Views
No it doesn't fire up if I blow down the tube...
Replies
Views
Not if its a pro they don't use...
Replies
Views
C
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back