Biassi Boiler making rumbling noise then cuts out? Please help! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Biassi Boiler making rumbling noise then cuts out? Please help! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mkohman

Hey All,

I am having an issue which I am scared to turn the central heating on now at night.. Basically I have a Biassi RIVA COMPACT HE M96.24SM/C Boiler and for the past few days it has started to make a kettling noise "also sounds like an aircraft taking off" then the boiler cuts out.. What I mean is the flames turn out and the boiler stops.. After a minute of so it fires back up for 20-30 secs and then the kettling noise again and cuts out again.. this goes on and on.. and just recently there becomes a rumbling noise like something is tuck in the boiler and the flames seem to rise higher than usual and then it cuts out..

Does any of this makes sense to any of you guys? Please can you assist me or advise what may be the problem..

PS: I just recently took out the heat exchanger and cleaned it with citric acid.. It is clean .. I have suspicons it may be the pump but I am not sure??? when I do unscrew the little screw on the pump it is turning and water comes out of it.. Please help !!!

Thanks for the replies.. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas what it may be causing this.. Also is this dangerous.. ?

Thanks for the replies.. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas what it may be causing this.. Also is this dangerous.. ?
Yes it is dangerous. The boiler typically try to protect itself but how about you and your family if there is a sudden expansion of steam due to something not withstanding the extraordinary conditions within your boiler.

Apart from this I had a call out a couple of weeks ago where the steam had startet taking the wall paper off in the flat above.

Unfortunately we can not guide you much further. But possibly the advice to open all ratiators fully and see if that changes anything is still allowed to mention. Should those not have any effect I would advise you not to use the boiler.

If it would be my boiler I would get an GSR at it rather yesterday. Because you sure damage your boiler by using it at its current state and there are a few casualties every now and again due to scaldering from unsafe devices though it is bad enough to suffer severe burns.

You need a gsr in to look at your boiler. We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a pm to either Gas man or Redsaw who will then check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Thank you.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

As above it’s an overheating noise
Replies
Views
Thanks for your reply. The noise is right at...
Replies
Views
Its easy to check for a leak, just tie up the...
Replies
Views
I’m guessing, since you’ve said “a cylinder...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
This problem occurs when it is very cold outside
Replies
Views
Oliver van der Togt
O
Back