bigger boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss bigger boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

QUick question do you guys charge more money to fit bigger boilers , say anything over 30 kw for example you chuck a bit more money on price .

why? a 40 kw duotec is the same to fit as a 28kw it dont really way anymore

I suppose it would depend on how much bigger, if it is physically bigger or just bigger kw.

dont see the logic in charging more for a bigger KW boiler, unless it was commercial

Someone mentioned it today about charging extra thought i may of been missing a trick .

The Worcester 42cdi is a con lol

I sized a heating system requiring 39kw of heating so bought the 42cdi. Thinking 42=42kw

Umm NO!!!! 42 hot water 30 heating

Lucky for me it worked :D

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I know many plumber (sorry... Engineers) who have gone for that... Think the extra output applies to the heating. It doesn't.

But it does give a better dhw flow rate:p

The only additional cost would be the extra cost of the boiler, and the extra margins on top of course. Also the extra cost of running the massive gas pipework they require.

spos fitting a bigger boiler means a bigger property or better class of customer who appreciates the importance of having a boiler fitted that meets their requirements correctly,they are not penny pinching,thus a bigger profit margin is available within reason,however they are probably getting a better job as you know it is appreciated more

imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

For most manufacturers there won't be any...
Replies
Views
O
I have not seen a Horstmann boiler, in the...
Replies
Views
Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
Under the Energy Price Cap rates from 1...
Replies
Views
Do I switch off Electric Hot Heater Cylinder...
Replies
Views
Back