Bird nest boiler! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bird nest boiler! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

novicegas

Gas Engineer
So i turn up to do a gas safety check on new buyers flat. no pressure relief fitted, flue covered by ivy and a birds nest behind the front cover of the vokera 85he. last pic shows the bird ?@£$ on the hex. RIDDOR. All other boilers in the three other flats of this town house refurb have either had their boilers replaced or repaired. Although the building firm that did the refurb on selling the flats have gone bust. Anyone got any advice for customer as per compensation for either repair or install? would prefer the install myself, lol.

IMG_3309.jpgIMG_3302.jpgIMG_3311.jpgIMG_3299.jpg

what compensation? its buyer beware as normal, its not new just a refurb and the builders gone bust anyway. if they havent had it surveyed and checked thats the buyers problem, just quote for a new install and see what they say

Can it not be cleaned up and the ivy cut back? Don't know how it is riddor. It may have been fitted correctly. The rest has happened over time due to lack of care.

picture 1 - builder learning how to solder :)

get new boiler in and cut all of that green off , and list on cp12 the concern of the green

Why is this RIDDOR?

if I fit a boiler, cut back the ivy, advised on future pruning of ivy then that's the owners problem.

If someone RIDDOR reported me for that I'd punch them :)

id just quote for a new install and see what they say, that's all you can do really, RIDDOR reporting it won't do anything anyway.

So if the new tenants were to move in, switch on the boiler thus causing fire (due to combustibles and electrical short)in property who would be responsible for damage or potential injury?

I'd ID the boiler as is, quite to rectify or install and leave it at that.

Nothing to RIDDOR and if someone else wants to risk turning on then down to them!

So if the new tenants were to move in, switch on the boiler thus causing fire (due to combustibles and electrical short)in property who would be responsible for damage or potential injury?

They would if they decided to use it. If its faulty due to lack of maintenance then that's the owners fault no one else's.

if they use it after you've cut and capped it then they have broken the law

Just to clarify, if you sell a property are you not duty bound to provide a cp12 for each gas appliance?

no not unless it was asked for by the solictor i would have cut back cleaned up and got it up and running then new pipe for the prv and service it

Last edited:

the person using the applaince really. If its a rented property then the landlord has a duty of care to maintain it.

The prv is not a gas classification issue The boiler still has one, its not been capped off, it just doesn't go anywhere.
The birds nest is on top of the boiler. Just the same as any other junk you find up there. Move it.
The ivy is the only issue. I'd AR it until it was cut back.

In Scotland when you buy a house the buyer has 7 days to find anything not up to scratch ( i think it is just on the plumbing, drainage, heating or electrical). Any repairs are paid by the seller.
There is no way a seller would pay for a new boiler for that but any repairs to bring it up to stds would be paid.
Across the border you pay the money you take your chances afaik.

Just to clarify, if you sell a property are you not duty bound to provide a cp12 for each gas appliance?

its up to the buyer to do their own checks in england and wales, why should the seller have to pay for safety certs etc, unless the buyer is going to reimburse them, me if I buy a house I just do my own survey and negotiate discounts on what I find, simpler than paying for a survey thats not worth the paper its written on. But I have some experience in property refurbs to be able to do this.

its not riddor
if its got no prv pipework it hasnt be installed to manufacturers instructions so technically it is,

that said I've been following Villa_Tom around riddoring his stuff and nothing has happened yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Get your local gas Safe inspector out to see...
Replies
Views
Working at a flow temp of 30 ? As a dt of 30...
Replies
Views
It’s probably not mate,as long as your doing...
Replies
Views
anyone interested please pm the poster...
Replies
Views
Barry98
B
Back