Black slime in water | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Black slime in water in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

wiggers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi can anyone help me on this, I been to a block of flats three storey 40 in total
and the ground floor flat nearest to a large storage tank has been having problems with the quality of the water.
There was what can only be described as black sludge at all taps hot and cold, shower and wc
i sent away the flexi hose off the bath to be checked and its come back unknown debris.
I have renewed all taps and flexi hoses about four weeks ago and today it has returned
We had local water authority check the quality and they say its ok to drink.
All flats have combi boilers and no other flats are having problems
Does this large pumped tank feed all the flats?
Water board found leak on pipe from tank with this slime all over the crack on pipe.
Can anyone offer any suggestions
Thanks

Ask the manager of the flats for your copy of the annual water risk assessment and copy of the chlorination report.

You may be very surprised when you don't get one that was done within the last 12 month. If he hasn't got it. Envirmental health will have to make a visit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks for the reply Shaun. That disgusting...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You've fecked up, it's not the way to do it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the reply and information so far...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You’re turning the wrong ones, they’re washing...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
IF all properties got a PRV fitted on their...
Replies
Views
Back