Blanked off rodding access in soil pipes | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Blanked off rodding access in soil pipes in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm what you'd call a competent DIYer and I'm looking to replace our existing cast iron soil pipe when refurbishing our bathroom (moving sanitaryware around so I thought I'd do it all at the same time).

I was checking out soil pipe connections in Wickes today and picked up a couple that had rodding access points in them. I unscrewed the caps on these access points and was surprised to see they were blanked off.

I can understand why the sockets for waste pipes are blanked off - you use a hole saw to cut them out as and when necessary - but why are the rodding points blanked off too?

Just curious really.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Tony.

Hi all,

I'm what you'd call a competent DIYer and I'm looking to replace our existing cast iron soil pipe when refurbishing our bathroom (moving sanitaryware around so I thought I'd do it all at the same time).

I was checking out soil pipe connections in Wickes today and picked up a couple that had rodding access points in them. I unscrewed the caps on these access points and was surprised to see they were blanked off.

I can understand why the sockets for waste pipes are blanked off - you use a hole saw to cut them out as and when necessary - but why are the rodding points blanked off too?

Just curious really.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Tony.
at a guess there not blanked of just have a second piece of moulded plastic you have to take out

Yep thats right... you'll probably find the piece is shaped so as to maintain the smooth bore of the main pipe to avoid accumulation of stuff you don't want in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
I ended up just going with same level...
Replies
Views
It doesn’t look like the internal pipe has...
Replies
Views
If poss i would run to outside to stack.
Replies
Views
Thank you for your reply... where can I find...
Replies
Views
Back