Blanking cap to block off overflow on kitchen sink? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Blanking cap to block off overflow on kitchen sink? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

radus135

hoping someone can help.
Trying to fit a washing machine under a sink and the only thing that's stopping it is overflow into the waste - would like to just remove and cap off. Is there something out there I can use as can't seem to find anything so far.
I've attached a photo
thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 70
the sink makers probably fitted the overflow as it prevents you flooding the kitchen when the taps left on, hence why they dont make a cap!

the sink makers probably fitted the overflow as it prevents you flooding the kitchen when the taps left on, hence why they dont make a cap!

Appreciated -but instead of getting a new sink and shifting everything around or getting a smaller washing machine I was looking for an alternative solution. Probably should of put the question a bit better.

You could make one out of a couple of pieces of stainless steel bolted together with silicone between.

Thanks for the reply mike - that's what I'll do.
Any tips on cutting them (want it to look as nice as possible as hopefully renting out the flat soon) - was thinking of taking it to a sheet metal company and asking them to guillotine it for me.
Have a angle grinder and pad saw but not sure either will give me a decent cut.

Thanks for the answer and the link mate - very helpful.
same question as above - any tips on cutting?

A angle grinder will do the job, mark it out in pencil cut and file down to smooth off the edges.

Cut with angle grinder 1mm cutting disk for stainless steel .Drill with cobalt drill at slow speed, remove surface discolouration with fine emery, seal against sink and around holes with clear silicone.

You can get a blank for the other end of the hose if thats easier allowing you to leave the overflow in place but still of no use .try b and q wastes etc

gavin he wants to remove the overflow completely to get a washing machine in the space available

turn the overflow round and cut flush fill with silicon, cap off other side of pipe job done .

hello radus, customer asked to blank his stainless, round kitchen sink( no room to fit overflow when kitchen was fitted). I cut an oblong from a cleaned, grey, car oil container then silicone and nut and bolt through grille centre hole.Ah, just noticed date.

Last edited:
it's only a month ago he may still need advice. not as bad as the threads resurrected from years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a ROS small faucet for drinking water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So, we have our answer. I tried a snake/rod...
Replies
Views
Back