Bled my radiators now it won't work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bled my radiators now it won't work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

B

Bazabex

I have a potterton gold h boiler, I bled the radiators minimal water came out, I figure its lost pressure?
it comes on heats right up then shuts off and then won't come back on for ages?

i pressed the reset button that hasn't helped.

it isn't heating up to thermostat temperature and shutting down because I turned it up 35 to to test and it wouldn't come back on

Lower right side when you fold down the flap.

There isn't its white with a sight hole for flame and a rest button, there is no pressure garage under the cover to that I could see

What is the exact model? I thought potterton gold only did combis.

image.jpgimage.jpgThat's a picture of my boiler online

Maybe what your doing is letting more air in if its a open vented system (i.e. if the pump is running while you bleed the rads)

Try bleeding the rads without the pump running

No it off at mo it won't come back on I turned thermostat right up all the way but it won't kick in, then it just starts to work again once it's gone cold

Is it a sealed system?
Is there not a pressure gauge at your hot water cylinder with a filling loop attached to top up pressure to 1-1.5 Bar?

I can't find a filling loop or pressure gauge anywhere on or around the boiler.
its firing up then heating up going all the way round every radiator then turning off, then not restarting again even if I turn the thermostat up it just comes back on once its all gone cold

Potterton gold heat only has a flow switch which can play up if there is an air lock in the system. You need to make sure the header tank is full and pump is spinning.

I can't find a filling loop or pressure gauge anywhere on or around the boiler.
its firing up then heating up going all the way round every radiator then turning off, then not restarting again even if I turn the thermostat up it just comes back on once its all gone cold
Pressure gauge if a sealed system will normally be around your hot water cylinder. Where is your hot water water cylinder?

Wow that's sounds technical.... I don't no where the header tank is and the pump has been working fine as far as I am aware although u can hear it from the airing cupboard occasionally!
I think I am going to have to call someone as I don't no where the header tank is!!!
thank you for trying to help.
Beccy

Haha I'm a numpty! I'm not going in loft yuck!!
i was hoping there would be a shiny silver handle somewhere with a gauge that I just couldn't find and I would turn it and da da fixed!

I will call the man totomorrow it just came on again so it's warmed me up before bed!

Thanks everyone for trying to advise me

beccy

Two words of caution Beccy. Never use the words 'warmed up' and 'bed' with this lot. Ever.

I have to put the hose on them after.

And secondly, make sure you've got plenty of tea and biccies for the plumber. Always goes down a treat!

Good luck and hope you get sorted soon!

Similar plumbing topics

The pin was stuck on the TRV,
Replies
Views
  • Question
With two issues following someone working on...
Replies
Views
TBSE is good practice! As long as flow is the Top.
Replies
Views
76 Views and not one single "expert" has...
Replies
Views
Back