Bleding and zones | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bleding and zones in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

P

plumbinguser

When bleeding the radiators it is recomended to turn the boiler off to prevent air being drawn in (can't see how if the system is at 1.5 bar).

If the boiler and zones are off then would it bleed ok or do I have to ensure that the zone valve is on whilst the boiler is off?

When bleeding the radiators it is recomended to turn the boiler off to prevent air being drawn in (can't see how if the system is at 1.5 bar).

We are not turning the boiler off to stop air being drawn in ,it is the pump we are turning off,this is more important on open vented systems,were if rad on pull sit on pump this will happen,agreed on sealed ,pressure systems this will not happen,however we turn boiler off to protect it ,incase when you bleed rads the pressure gets to low,as you are letting pressure out to vent,so turn off and vent,refill and turn back on,if you vent system when hot turn off take note of pressure in system,maybe 2.1 bar,vent rad and fill back up to that point as when system cold will go back down

If the boiler and zones are off then would it bleed ok or do I have to ensure that the zone valve is on whilst the boiler is off?

If you are venting rad only there is not need to open zone valve ,if you are venting pipework and rad open zone valve so water can fill pipework upstream of valve

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I have a CH circuit on a 2 way zone valve...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Zone 1 does the whole house including...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There are 7 manifolds total. I”m no expert...
Replies
Views
  • Question
OK thanks for the response. I hadn't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You can buy a replacement bleed screw, but...
Replies
Views
Back