Bleeding Oil Combi Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bleeding Oil Combi Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

karen mcg

I am trying to bleed my Rhino Combi 90 oil boiler after running out of oil and the lock out light coming on. I have located the bleed pipe and screw, after following instructions on your site, however, when I unscrew the screw, there is no oil coming through. Can someone advise if I should turn the boiler back on and press the reset button whilst trying to bleed. HELP :confused:

just keep pressing lock out button and re starting til oil comes through might be five or six times

Thanks for reply to my query. Got the oil to come through eventually, but boiler wont stay on. When I press the button, the fan will start and run for about 10 - 15 seconds, try to ignite then cut out again and lock out light comes back on. Is it possible I will need to get a plumber out to clean it, someone told me that there may be lots of dirt from the bottom of the tank that is clogging up the oil pipe? Unsure what to do next:confused:

Could be one or more of the filters is full of dirt which has been dragged in from the tank.

If your service is due soon it would be a good idea to combine with a service visit to save money.

Hi,

I have followed an ealier post and switched off the mains (photo 1); located the hexagonal screw (photo 2) but cannot get the little round washer off the end. Beneath it there is another screw which does fit my allen key. I have turned it once but nothing happens. Am I doing the right thing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Fiona

Attachments

• DSCN0888.jpg
    DSCN0888.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN0889.jpg
    DSCN0889.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN0887.jpg
    DSCN0887.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 29
Sounds like you were following my post. (Help!!) You'll need a 4mm allen key to undo that top fitting (only the end and not the whole thing) in photo 2.

I'm afraid that if no oil's coming out you'll need to get a chappie out (doesn't have to be OFTEC but at least they are a reasonable/good standard and not usually expensive). The next stage is to start testing the pump and check a few other things. Running out of oil is like a car running out of petrol. Usually they start fine but just occasionally they need encouragement and very rarely damage is caused.

Rhino combi oil boiler

Guys,

Needing some help - I was in the process of resetting my Rhino Oil Combi Boiler as it wasn't working and I bled the oil out a bit by using an allen key to loosen a bolt which lets the oil get through.

Unfortunately, I've loosened this too much and the bolt has fallen off and rolled underneath the boiler which I can't lift or get to.

The screw is about 10mm - 12mm in width but I'm sure it decreases in width and is controlled by an allen key.

Does anyone know what this screw / bolt is called ?

I've tried B&Q and tried about 10 different bolts and also screwfix but can't get any luck.

Most of the bolts that fit seem to catch on with the top turn but it doesn't stop the oil coming through due to the screw having different dimensions in width.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated as I can't start the boiler without this bolt being in as it just pi$$es oil.

Regards,

James

Thank you for your advice on the boiler last week. With a little tweak and a couple of starter button pushes it kicked in again. Saved the cost of the callout. Much appreciated.
Fiona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
If i turn the temperature dial right down on...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
As you radiators are working normally and...
Replies
Views
Yes everything worked fine before. Is there a...
Replies
Views
Back